Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The joy of new gear!

I just ordered some new shoes.  In my defense, I have been running in these shoes for about a year.  Shame on me because I really should have ordered new shoes about 6mos ago. But I finally ordered them from my favorite website 'Road Runners.com' and turns out they were having a sale.  So I also ordered two tank tops and a new visor.  But then I wanted a new running skirt.  So I went to Lululemon and gazed at their super cute running skirts and 'accidently' ordered two.  Then I went to Athleta to look for more shirts and thankfully got distracted with work!


My name is Megan Natter and I have a slight addition to running gear. 


I have three drawers full of workout gear and a section in my closet devoted to running jackets.  Another drawer for workout socks.  Another drawer for gloves, hats and headbands.  A separate drawer in my study for headphones, ipods accessories, gps accessories, fuel belts and gels.  Is this normal?


I'm not really sure if it is normal but I know that I really love my running gear.  I'd much rather buy running gear than a suit.  Running gear feels useful.  Although my boss would probably tell me that the suit is more useful.  So, speaking of running gear, I'm going to now talk about a new trend in running gear...the running skirt.  Boys...you should probably tune out now.


Ladies, I am full on obsessed with the running skirt.  Gasp!  Those of you who have known me for more than 2 years are clutching your chest and fanning your flushed disbelief face saying 'Oh my!' while pretending to faint. 


And you are doing this because you know that I am a straight up Tomboy soccer girl.  I broke a girl's leg once.  They used to put me into the soccer games in order to take a girl on the opposing team out of the game by slidetackling her and hurting her.  It was ruthless and kind of fun.  Nothing gave me more pleasure than slidetackling a girl and later showing off the pancake sized portion of skin that was no longer present on my leg.  Can it truly be that the same girl is running around in skirt?  And a ruffled skirt at that? 


Yes, it's true.  I've gone to the dark side and on that side lies a ruffled running skirt.  And I like it.  I actually love it.  Some of my friends have asked me what I think of the running skirt and I've told them I'll never go back to shorts.  I've said to them in a drug peddler pusher voice 'Just try one and you'll understand'. 


Here's the deal ladies...they are super comfortable.  My ideal running skirt has spandex shorts built in with rubber lining on the bottom to keep them in place.  It has a pocket in the back and pockets on the spandex under shorts for gels or an ipod.  Not only is it functional but it is really cute and it makes your ass look phenomenal because its a skirt.  There are no nasty sweat stains that look like you peed your pants.  This is obviously a win-win situation. 

Regardless of the running skirt or your gear indulgence of choice, I'm a fan of enjoying what you are wearing while you are running.  Why not look cute?  Why not be comfortable?  Why not look like you are a 'real' runner?  Why not look fast?  The worst thing that can happen is that suddenly you are all those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment